The Chemex is a pour over coffee method that uses a thick bonded paper filter. This filters out the coffee sediment leaving a bright flavor and light body in four minutes or less.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Chemex, filter paper, 25g coarsely ground coffee, scales, kettle & a spoon.
- Open up filter paper. One side will be 1 ply, the other will be 3 ply.
- Rinse filter paper with hot water, this will also heat your brewer.
Discard water after it has drained.
- Pop 25g of coarsely ground coffee into the filter paper.
- Pour 75g of hot water over coffee.
- Stir gently with a spoon.
- Add 200g of hot water & wait 20 secs.
- Add 125g water & let it drain.
- Total brew = 4 mins.
- Pour, drink & enjoy!